A career in nursing is an exciting way to earn a living and help people at the same time. There is much to consider when looking at nursing as a career option, and there are many online resources that can provide information to help those who want a job in the nursing industry. Here are some of the best links on a career in nursing. They are designed to give users an overview of the profession and also to help them take the next step towards that nursing career.
- The Best Nursing Programs – Information on highly-rated nursing programs around the country can be found on this page.
- Training in the United States – Here is a basic article on the ways nursing programs train nurses in the United States.
- Online RN to BSN Program – A NLNAC accredited online BSN offered though Adventist University (formerly Florida Hospital College).
- University of Florida College of Nursing – The University of Florida is known for its excellence in healthcare, and their College of Nursing website will give prospective nurses a feel for what will be required of them in most nursing programs.
Finding a Nursing School
- AANA Accreditation – This page enables users to find nurse anesthetist programs accredited by the American Academy of Nurse Anesthetists Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs.
- Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education – The Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education accredits nurse-midwife programs in the United States.
- CCNE Accreditation – This page will help students find nursing programs that feature Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education accreditation.
- NLNAC Accredited Programs – This page will help interested students find a nursing program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission.
- Online Nursing Schools – This page allows users to access information on different online nursing schools and other nursing programs in the country.
Testing Requirements for Nurses
- Certified Nurse Educator Exam – Here is a page on the exam for those who want to become certified nurse educators.
- NCLEX Examinations – The NCLEX Examination is the standard entrance examination for nursing licensure in the United States.
- Prepare for the NCLEX Test - This site gives some basic information on the NCLEX test, and it has some general test preparation tests.
- Preparing for Licensure as a Registered Nurse – This site gives some tips for how to prepare for the nursing exam.
Finding a Nursing Job
- Landing a Licensed Practical Nurse Job – Future licensed practical nurses should find this information on applying for a licensed practical nurse position quite helpful.
- Nursing Jobs.org – This site allows a comprehensive search for nursing jobs all over the United States
- Nursing Jobs.us – Free registration at this website can help nurses find a job in nursing.
- Travel Nurse Across America – Travel Nurse Across Academy offers nurses the opportunity to work in the travel nurse industry.
- VA Careers – Interested parties can find nursing jobs offered in the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs on this site.