RN to BSN Program Objectives
Meet these objectives with your online Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree
The Adventist University of Health Sciences (formerly known as Florida Hospital College) online RN to BSN program moves you beyond basic nursing skills to advanced pathophysiology, pharmacology, critical thinking, leadership, and management and research skills, to name a few.
Upon completion of the Adventist University of Health and Sciences RN to BSN* degree program, graduates should be able to:
- Exhibit ethical principles that demonstrate interactions with patients/clients, healthcare professionals, and the public
- Combine knowledge from nursing, sciences, and humanities to meet the patient’s/client’s physiological, psychological, sociocultural, developmental, and spiritual needs
- Evaluate ethical, legal, economic, and political factors that affect the management of healthcare for individuals, families, and communities
- Incorporate community resources to meet primary, secondary, and tertiary healthcare needs for individuals, families, and communities
- Utilize critical thinking to resolve healthcare issues
- Be prepared for a leadership role within one’s scope of practice
- Evaluate research findings for use in nursing practice
- Utilize effective communication in the healthcare environment
- Participate in activities that support the profession of nursing
When you meet these objectives by earning your degree, you have proved you are ready for increased responsibilities and qualified for even more advanced education programs.
*The Baccalaureate degree is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) http://www.nlnac.org/home.htm.