RN to BSN School Requirements

admissions_bsn

Both associate degree and ACEN (formerly NLNAC)-accredited diploma program graduates can be eligible for admission with the following requirements:

1. Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 with no grade below a “C” (2.00). Diploma graduates who do not have college credit for associate degree cognate courses must complete each required course with a minimum grade of “C” (2.00) and earn a cumulative cognate GPA of 2.50 before being considered for admission to the online RN to BSN Completion Option.
  2. Current RN license, or if a recent graduate, eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN.
  3. Two letters of recommendation, one of the two letters must be from a supervisor or faculty member.
  4. Official transcripts from all colleges/nursing programs.
call to action

59 Responses to “RN to BSN School Requirements”

1. Millie Marcano says:

I am interested in Nurse Practioner/Physician Assistant programs, can you help?

2. Hermin says:

Does being eligible to sit for the NCLEX exam mean going through CGFNS?

• dbernard says:

CGFNS handles the evaluation of your foreign transcripts to determine your education and eligibility to sit for the NCLEX. You can reach out directly to NCLEX on their website to determine whether or not you need to go through this process. https://www.ncsbn.org/nclex.htm

3. rhonda johnson says:

I am a Florida Hospital Employee. Do you offer tuition reimbursement or stipends for the Florida Hospital Employees? I have an ADN and am interested in the BSN program.

• dbernard says:

Florida Hospital does offer tuition reimbursement to employees wanting to further their education. This process is facilitated by each department manager, so a good place to start would be to reach out to your manager at the hospital. If you would like additional instruction from one of our Distance Enrollment Specialists, please call 1-888-768-6276.

4. Lula says:

I am in my second and final year of finishing my Associate’s RN degree. My GPA currently is a 3.8, with a 3.5 in my nursing classes. I also hold a Bachelor’s degree in English. In my first semester of college while pursuing my English B.A., six years ago, I got a C- for an unused course in Primitive Archaeology I didn’t have the foresight to drop. Does this mean I have no chance of admission to the RN to BSN program? I notice part of the requirements are that a student have “no less than a C in any course.” Thank you.

• dbernard says:

Since the primitive archaeology course is not a core requirement of the program, it should not effect your eligibility as your cumulative GPA appears to be above a 2.5. The only drawback would be that the course may not be eligible for transfer credit since it is under a C, however there is usually an equivalent course (such as humanities) that could take the place of Primitive Archaeology.

5. Talina Williams says:

I am currently have and AS in Nursing and also and AA in general Studies. Can you please help me to see if your school is the right school for me?

• dbernard says:

We would love to talk with you directly about your specific qualifications and how FHCHS might fit into your future. You can speak with us directly by calling 1-888-768-6276, or a Distance Enrollment Specialist will be reaching out to you via email shortly.

6. Unalee Booozer says:

Hi,
    is statistic or english 1102 needed for this program? In addition to your ADN or diploma. What are the other requirements needed to enroll in the program?

7. Lynda says:

I am graduating from an ADN program in May. I read that if you have an ADN then the prerequisites are met. Are there others that are necessary?

8. Maria says:

I have an Associate in Nursing but have been out of school for 30yrs. Will my credits and wor experience count?

• dbernard says:

In order to determine if your credits will transfer, an official transfer credit evaluation would need to be completed. While we do offer credits for having your RN license, in order to keep our regional level accreditation, we cannot offer additional credits for work experience. You can call 1-888-768-6276 to speak with a Distance Enrollment Specialist to determine your eligibility for our program and to request a transfer credit evaluation.

9. aisha says:

hi l live in puerto rico, i have six year of experince in a hospital i what to know if i can apply for the BSN degree

• dbernard says:

Thank you for your interest in the RN to BSN degree at Florida Hospital College. As long as you are currently a registered nurse, you are eligible to apply for the BSN program. Call 1-888-768-6276 to contact a Distance Enrollment Specialist who will go over the requirements and application process with you.

10. EOppegaard says:

Does Florida Hospital still offer tuition reimbursement or assistance to employees wanting to complete an RN to BSN bridge? I am getting conflicting information.

Thanks!

• dbernard says:

Thank you for your question regarding tuition reimbursement. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide you with a simple yes or no answer. Tuition reimbursement is determined based on the budget of each individual hospital in the Florida Hospital system, meaning certain hospitals may have tuition reimbursement available, while others may have a long waiting list. It is handled completely by the hospital, so Florida Hospital College does not have access to the information regarding each hospital’s reimbursement policy. The best way to determine if your hospital has reimbursement available is to speak with your nurse manager or a representative in the HR department. If you have additional questions about our degree program, you can contact us at 1-888-768-6276. Best of luck!

11. deborah hauser says:

I currently hold a ADN have been an RN for 28 years. Mostly Critical care background. I have taken a few online classes towards my BSN. I have stopped because I really dislike Algebra.
    Do you require College algebra? For my associate degree in nursing the requirement was pre-algebra.

12. Heather says:

If I currently have my rn from a nlnac school will I be able to do the rn to bsn online and receive regionally accreditation to attend the nurse anesthetist program with this school.

13. Erick says:

I am graduating with the first RN class with my ASN from a Florida board approved school. Would I be able to transfer into your RN-to-BSN program with the required prerequisites?

14. rose says:

hello i just finished an ASN program on 8/24/12 but have not taken the NCLEX. i am in NY by the way. can i still apply to the school?

15. Nancy Azzopardi RN,BSN says:

I just completed my online BSN at FHCHS. I want to commend both the program and faculty for a wonderful experience. I could not have received a better education from any other online program. I will always proudly say that I am a Adventist University of Health Sciences graduate (FHCHS) and alumni!!!!

Blessings to all,
    Nancy

16. LaVona says:

IF you are a recent graduate but have your license, but have not found an RN position yet, what is considered appropriate letters of recommendation?

17. Luis Caso says:

I’m a RN with Puerto Rico license. Does this license works to enroll this program? What are the required courses that I nee to enroll?

18. Scottie Kautz says:

Hello, I am currently a RN working in an emergency room. I would like to get a BSN, I also have a BS degree in biology. Would my credits from Florida Southern College transfer, to fulfill the requirements for the RN-BSN program, leaving me to only have to take the actual BSN classes?

Scottie

19. asha says:

i got graduated from india and holda tennessee rn licence too. what steps do i need to join for rn to bsn programme?

• jrodriguez says:

If you already have your RN license and qualify for the program you would need to go through the admission process. Please contact an enrollment specialist toll free 1-888-768-6276.

20. Tria Rojas says:

Can I dual enroll while still attending high school for three hours?

21. Migdalia says:

I have an active license from Puerto Rico,I did ADN at Columbia College in Caguas Puerto Rico,at this moment in West Palm Beach,Florida,can you let me know if a can do my BSN here,thanks

22. Sandy says:

I do not have a 2.5 GPA with the core courses. Can i apply to AU take courses and bring up GPA and begin program. I have active RN license and over 15 years experience.

• jrodriguez says:

Unfortunately you would need the 2.5 GPA. However you can take pre-req classes, two chemistry classes, english 1 and 2 and a computer class(word, excel and power point) These will raise your GPA and will count towards your degree when you are ready to apply.

23. mary jean says:

I am a diploma graduate 1982 with 30 yrs of management experience. I am a CLNC CHCQM
    & CHCRM and now would like to obtain my BSN. Do you afford life experience credits?

24. RAYMOND says:

am a GHANAIAN HOLDING THE AMERICAN HIGH CERTIFICATE FROM VALLEY VIEW UNIVERSITY GHANA AM I ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR ANY HEALTH RELATED PROGRAM/

25. Caitlin says:

Hi. I am an RN but my ASN came from ITT which does not have its NLNAC accredidation. Would I be eligible for the program?

26. Makisha says:

I am interested in enrolling for the RN program I do not have any college credits nor have I took any courses for this. I will starting brand new. What steps do I need to take in order to enroll in the program?

27. Sheri-Ann says:

As a Registered Nurse educated in Jamaica am I able to do this program online?

28. Cindy says:

I am currently living outside the United States. Is it possible to complete the program living abroad?

29. Suzanne says:

I have been out of school with my ADN since 1978. Do I need to repeat coarses or can I just take BSN classes. I had 128 credits for two 2 year Jr Colleges?

• jrodriguez says:

We would not be able to tell you what courses are transferable until your audit is completed by our Review Committee. In this process they look at all the courses you have taken & determine what is accepted and what ( if any) is still missing. In order to be reviewed you will have to apply & submit all the documents required for the application process. If you have not already done so, please fill out your information online and your advisor will be happy to follow up with you.

30. fvromero says:

I am currently applying to Keiser University’s ASN program and then plan on applying to this RN to BSN school. Since Keiser University isn’t a big or well known school – in comparison to other schools in Florida – I was simply wondering if I would have any problems regarding credits being transferred or chances of being accepted, coming from Keiser University? Thank you.

• jrodriguez says:

In terms or how credits will transfer over you would need to speak to one of our enrollment specialists once you are ready to apply. You shouldn’t have any issues but to better prepare yourself make sure you get all your gen ed’s done. (2 english, 2 chemistry and 1 computer class)