Sonography Program Objectives
Know the objectives of your journey to earn a Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography degree
Before starting on a journey, you usually know the destination. The same should be true for any degree program you pursue: you should know the destination (or objectives) of your course of study. Here are the skills you can expect to learn or strengthen from a Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography degree from Adventist University of Health Sciences (formerly Florida Hospital College).
- Execute proper procedures and document results for analysis by a physician
- Educate patients in the procedures and usage of medical ultrasound
- Acquire, evaluate, and incorporate relevant patient records and clinical information to provide the most accurate diagnostic outcomes
- Provide high-level professional services in the practice of sonographic procedures
- Reinforce healthy principles and lifestyles for patients
The Adventist University of Health Sciences online program journey will include a total of 61 trimester credit hours: 34 credits of imaging and sonography science courses and 27 credits of general education courses. Students can complete the online BSDMS degree in six 14-week trimesters (as few as 2 years). A minimum of 120 credit hours are required to be eligible for graduation. All courses are online; no trips to campus are required.
Enjoy planning your education around your schedule with an online BSDMS degree from Adventist University of Health Sciences. For more information, contact one of our Distance Enrollment Specialists to get the information necessary to begin the next phase of your education. The toll-free number is 1-888-768-6276. If you prefer you may also click “Learn More” and complete the form. A Distance Enrollment Specialist will be happy to contact you.